TIMESOFINDIA.COM | Updated: Apr 17, 2021, 13:08 IST
NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday addressing a rally in poll-bound Asansol said that on May 2, which is the day of assembly election results,
Banerjee will be given the certificate of Bengal ex-chief minister by the people of the state.
The Prime Minister said that a government that opposes development and "prioritizes vengeance over faith, politics over governance" cannot do any good for West Bengal. "That is why Bengal wants ashol poribortan", he said.
Here are the highlights from PM Modi’s rally in Asansol:
* Didi has become arrogant. The Central government convened several meetings on issues many times but Didi didn’t come to these meetings.
* In the last two meetings on the Covid-19 situation, all chief ministers came, but Didi didn’t. All CMs attended Niti Ayog’s governing council meeting, but Didi didn’t. She didn’t come to the meeting of clean Ganga mission.
* Her politics is not limited to just protests, but it has crossed a dangerous limit of vengeance.
* You may have heard an audiotape of what happened in Cooch Behar yesterday. This audio shows how Didi is doing politics after the tragic death of 5 people.
* In this audio, the TMC leader of Cooch Behar is being asked to rally with the dead bodies of those who died in the violence.
* Trinamool Congress has split in just four rounds of voting. The remaining four rounds of polling, didi-bhaipo will leave, it is clear.
* From bicycle to rail, paper to steel, aluminium to glass – people from all over India come here to work in such factories. In a way, Asansol is mini India.
*People used to come here for employment but today people from here are migrating. Didi, who speaks of ‘Ma Mati Manush’, has spread ‘mafia raj’ here.
* Bengal needs a double-engine government and not a government that stops development. BJP government in Bengal will bring every scheme that has been stopped by didi.
* Centre offered the facility of free healthcare up to Rs 5 Lakh but she became a wall. Centre formed laws to help refugees and she opposed this too.